Valid from 06/07/2016
The website vuarnet.com (hereafter referred to as the 'Website') is managed by Sporoptic Pouilloux SA (hereafter referred to as 'SPO' or 'We').
Article 1 – Agreement of the User
Article 2 – Minors
The Website is not for use by people under the age of 18 and SPO does not intentionally collect personal data from minors. If personal data about minors are saved unintentionally, SPO will attempt to remove them as quickly as possible.
Article 3 – The data we collect
The data you provide to us
SPO processes data transmitted by the User to the Website in particular:
- During the creation of a User account on the Website;
- During participation by the User in competitions, promotions and events via the Website;
- When the User contacts customer services or any other contact at SPO;
- When the User directly communicates any other information.
In this way, SPO may collect and process the User's personal data as follows:
- The User's identity: first name, last name, gender;
- The User's contact details: email address, postal address, telephone number;
- The User's identity details: email address, password;
- The User's payment information.
Where information you transmit to the Website is mandatory, this is indicated during data collection and on corresponding forms. Failure to provide some personal data may prevent certain actions on the Website such as creating an account (e.g., first name and surname) and purchasing products (e.g., bank card details). The provision of other personal data is entirely optional but, without them, some aspects of the services offered by SPO may be unavailable or limited:
- Identification (via cookies or password)
- E-commerce due to maintenance or unavailability of products
- Location/geolocation service resulting from lack of language availabilty
We may also ask the User to provide additional information when problems arise with the operation of the Website or services.
Data collected using particular technology
We use the following cookies on our Website:
- Identification cookie
- Geolocation cookie
- Empty basket cookie
- Most/last visited items cookie
- Most/last visited products cookie
- Social network cookies
You can deactivate cookies. Here are some examples showing you how to configure and/or remove cookies from your browser:
If your browser is Internet Explorer
- In Internet Explorer click on the button Tools then Internet Options.
- On the General tab, under History, click on Configuration or Privacy.
- Click on button View files.
- Click at top of Name column to sort files into alphabetical order then go through list until you see files with the prefix 'Cookie'. (All cookies have this prefix and normally have the name of the website that created the cookie.)
- Select the cookies and remove them.
- Close the window containing the list of files then click on OK twice to return to Internet Explorer.
If your browser is Mozilla Firefox
- Go to the Tools tab in the browser then select Options.
- In the window that appears, select Privacy and click on View cookies.
- Select the cookies that you want to remove and remove them.
If your browser is Safari
- Go to Edit > Preferences in your browser.
- Click on Privacy.
- Click on View cookies
- Select the cookies and click on Remove or Remove all.
- After removing the cookies click on Finish.
If your browser is Google Chrome
- Click on the menu's Tools icon
- Select Options
- Click on the tab Advanced options and go to the Privacy section
- Click on the button View cookies
- Identify the files you wish to remove. Select them and remove them.
- Click on 'Close' to return to your browser.
Data you provide to social networks
This Website uses different social media plug-ins provided by the most popular social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter).
When visiting the Website, browsing data are likely to be transferred directly to the social networks in question, even without the User's direct involvement. The User accepts and recognises that social network plug-ins are managed directly by the company that manages the corresponding plug-in. When Users use the plug-ins available through the Website (e.g. use their identity details to access a social network, link their SPO account to their social network account, or click on the Facebook 'share' or 'like' button), the User's browser sets up a direct connection with the server for this social network, which sends the contents of the plug-in directly to the User's browser.
If the User agrees to share information with social networks, SPO will share the data with the latter in accordance with the User's preferences.
Article 4 – Use of User's data
As a data controller, SPO collects your personal data in a fair and lawful manner and with due respect to your rights. The main purpose of collecting personal data is to offer you a safe, optimum, effective and personalised experience.
The information we collect, including personal data, is used for the following purposes:
- to provide the services available through the Website (e.g. managing the procedure to create and access accounts, managing the account);
- to manage orders, provide products and services, process payments, place orders;
- for technical management of the Website and its operational (including logistical) functions, to resolve any technical problems, and to undertake statistical analysis, testing and research;
- to prevent and identify fraudulent activity or abuse that threatens the Website or jeopardises the security of our transactions;
- to manage, where necessary, promotions, competitions and any other events available through the Website;
- to meet the User's needs (e.g. management of requests for information) and communicate with them.
It should be noted that, during the account creation process and when unregistered Users (visitors) leave the Website, SPO may ask the User to provide personal data for marketing and statistical purposes. The User may expressly and freely consent or otherwise to the collection, processing and transfer of his personal data for marketing purposes, including the receipt of business, promotional and informative communications and periodic updates (e.g. by email, telephone, SMS/MMS, mail and via social networks) on SPO products, services, initiatives and events organised by or in collaboration with SPO, and for statistical purposes, market research and surveys on SPO products and services.
This consent may be subsequently withdrawn (Unsubscribe) by the User by accessing his/her account profile or by corresponding with SPO customer services at the following address [email protected]. If a User receives emails from the Website and no longer wishes to receive these communications in future, the User may follow the instructions in the message (via the Unsubscribe link) or the procedures set out above. SPO is obliged to deal with requests to unsubscribe as soon as possible, but a User may continue to receive communications from us for a maximum of a further ten working days while his/her request is being processed.
Article 5 – Retention of personal data of Users
SPO accesses, uses, processes, classifies and retains personal data collected only for the purposes set out above.
Personal data are retained for as long as needed to meet the purposes for which they were collected and processed and in accordance with any retention period set out in law.
Article 6 – User rights with regard to personal data
SPO offers Users tools to update and correct personal data supplied. Each registered User may access his personal data and update them directly on his/her account.
In accordance with Law 78-17 dated 6 January 1978 on information technology, files and freedom, as modified in 2004, the User has the right to access, correct, oppose or remove his personal data. The User may exercise this right by sending an email to [email protected]. SPO will respond within a reasonable time, after checking the sender's identity.
Article 7 – Communication of personal data of Users
SPO undertakes to keep all personal data collected via its Website and to share them only under certain circumstances and in accordance with the provisions of Law 78-17 dates 6 January 1978 and as modified.
SPO may ask its service providers to carry out certain processing operations on its behalf and in accordance with instructions provided by SPO. These providers will process the personal data of Users, in particular:
- suppliers of services to manage the IT system and the Website (e.g. web hosts, providers of analysis and market services, database managers and maintenance services);
- suppliers of online payment services;
- suppliers of services related to the placement of orders, the shipment of products and/or other services available through this Website.
These providers will not have access to your data other than in order to carry out these services and they will be bound by the same obligations with regard to security and privacy as SPO.
SPO may also share certain personal data obtained directly or indirectly from Users within the SPO Group (with the United States) to manage intra-group services (e.g. marketing communications).
Furthermore, the User's personal data may be shared with third parties for the following purposes:
- to allow a merger, acquisition or share of all or some shares in our company;
- in response to a legal procedure of any description whatsoever or to law enforcement by the relevant authorities;
- to inform business partners about the use of this Website and the purchase of products available on the Website, as aggregate statistics or in any other format that does not reveal the identity of a User.
Article 8 – Transfer of personal data of Users
As indicated above, the personal data of Users may be transferred and/or otherwise accessible to third-party providers including those outside the European Economic Area, solely for the purpose of providing services or if required by relevant regulations.
SPO will require systematically that these third parties take all appropriate organizational and technical measures, in accordance with regulations in force, to maintain the safety and confidentiality of personal data with, particularly, security to ensure the adequate protection of your personal data.
By using our services and/or by visiting the Website, you expressly consent to the transfer of your personal data in the conditions set out above.
Article 9 – Security and protection of personal data of Users
SPO undertakes to protect the personal data of Users.
SPO advises that the password is one method of protecting the account and, as a consequence, Users are invited to use a secure password that is stored in a safe place, with access limited to their own computers and browsers, and to log out after visiting the Website.
SPO also controls Website activity to prevent unauthorized circulation of credit card numbers and other personal data.
Article 11 – Links to third-party websites
Article 12 – Contact SPO